12 BENEFITS OF BELONGING TO
- Gain political and economic equity for women.
- Support women as business and community leaders.
- Establish ties among working women around the city, the state, the nation and the world.
- Business opportunities for partnering and procurement.
- Leadership and Lifelong Learning Programs offer development personally and professionally.
- Promote the interests of working women through any and all legal and ethical means.
- Advocate on all women’s issues especially Stopping the Trafficking of Women and Children, Pay Equity, Eliminating Violence Against Women, and the Empowerment of Women Economically, Socially, and Politically.
- Gain access to the United Nations System worldwide.
- An international platform of intercultural understanding, languages and travel.
- Worldwide Network.
- Membership in this local organization automatically provides membership and access to the National, Regional and International organizations, which provides additional benefits.
- Subscription to Ms. Magazine.
BPW International Benefits for Members
- UN Participation:
BPW members can be accredited to attend meetings at the United Nations as observers, enabling them to take back issues and policies for further lobbying in their respective countries.
- Worldwide Network:
Members from five continents may connect with other BPW members globally through “BPW Online” digital network, “twinning” projects, conferences and International Congress.
- Business & Member Pages:
Individual members can publicize their business and professions on bpw-business.org
- The Recognition for Members:
BPW International website, bpw-international.org, is a showcase for the accomplishments of BPW members, clubs, chapters and federations. BPW members may also be selected as experts in special fields or nominated for awards when opportunities arise.
- Leadership Development:
BPW offers mentoring and leadership training for personal development. Young BPW members, aged 35 or younger, are also represented in BPW Executive Board at local, national and international levels.
- Support for Projects:
BPW affiliates’ capacity building projects for women may be selected as “BPW International Listed Projects.” Such projects will be promoted in the international community to call for supportive resources.