Join NFBPWC and BPW California’s Bay Capital District, in partnership, for a timely conversation with Ruth Umoh, reporter at Forbes, covering all aspects of diversity and inclusion.
Given the mass exodus of women from the workplace as a result of Covid-19—and the likely return en masse to the office post-pandemic— Ruth will discuss:
- Navigating the “double-double shift” of motherhood and remote work
- Why we’re seeing women flee the workplace; the bottom line and economic impact; and what it will take to retain this critical demographic in the workforce
- What women want from their employers and how to request (and receive) those benefits (fair and equitable pay, promotions, meaningful work, flexibility, less burnout, and less administrative tasks)
- Tangible strategies on how to lead with confidence and determine your market value (especially when making a return to the workforce)
- Negating myths about gender inequity in the workplace
We’ll hear from women who have volunteered to share their personal experiences with gender inequity in the workplace.
The session will conclude with a live Q&A.
About Ruth Umoh
Ruth Umoh is a Forbes reporter, covering all aspects of diversity and inclusion. In this role, she highlights timely issues on topics like race, gender, and class, with a keen focus on how social differences affect business performance and economic growth. She was previously a reporter at CNBC and has held positions at Rolling Stone and New York Daily News.