HOW TO USE IMPACT STORYTELLING EVENTS TO FAST TRACK A GENDER-EQUITABLE PANDEMIC RECOVERY.
THERE ARE TWO STEPS TO THIS REGISTRATION PROCESS.
Description: The pandemic has exposed vulnerabilities that adversely affect women & girls all over the globe, forcing a shift in priorities and funding across public and private sectors. We MUST find a way to accelerate awareness and action so that we can stop the backsliding of progress made towards the achievement of gender equality.
As part of the 2021 United Nations Commission on the Status of Women (CSW) event, the National Federation of Business & Professional Women’s Clubs (NFBPWC) will hold a parallel event on usingimpact activation events to help fast track a gender-equitable pandemic recovery.
With a goal to showcase innovative ways for non-governmental organizations (NGOs) and activists to accelerate awareness and action for this issue, NFBPWC will host two screenings of the award-winning film Pioneers in Skirts – a film where viewers can see their role in the solution, feel hopeful, and are motivated to act.
CSW65 attendees will be able to view the film for one week of on-demand screenings as well as during a March 18 one-hour LIVE Filmmaker Watch Party screening event, followed by an interactive expert panel discussion.
BPW members and their guests, representatives of Member States, UN entities, and ECOSOC-accredited NGOs from all regions of the world are invited!
1. Register (via BPW website) for the on-demand screening of Pioneers in Skirts.
Watch when you can, watch with your family! To accommodate schedules and time zones around the globe, the impact documentary, Pioneers in Skirts, will be available March 10-17, 2021 for on-demand streaming.
Register: use the link here on the BPW event page to register
Time: 9:00am EST March 10, 2021 – 9:00pm EST March 17, 2021
2. Register on Eventbrite to join us LIVE on March 18th!
Join the filmmakers and esteemed panelists for a LIVE viewing of the 60-min film and post-screening impact discussion.
Register: on the NGO CSW65 Eventbrite page — https://www.eventbrite.com/e/ngo-csw65-forum-advocate-registration-tickets-137312871495 This link is for the official NGO CSW65 forum registration page.
What Happens Next?
a) First: Within 24 hours of registering on Eventbrite, NGO UN/CSW65 will send you an email (“NGO CSW65 Virtual Forum Advocate Login Information“) that will provide instructions for updating your profile and access to all the parallel events organized by the NGOs.
b) Second: When accessing the parallel events, search “Pioneers” to find our March 18th 10am event, then click on RESERVE SPOT.
Time: March 18, 2021
– 10:00am EST movie screening on Zoom [chat LIVE with the filmmakers!]
– 11:05am EST panel discussion on Zoom, Facebook and YouTube
Panel Topic: how to use events like this one to advance women and girls’ status around the globe. The discussion will feature interactive elements to encourage audience engagement, as well as best practices for how to activate films and other media to influence empathy, bring awareness to solutions, and fast track progress towards the achievement of gender equality.
- The Movie: By registering for these events, and by logging-in to screen the film here, you are entering into a binding contract with Ashley Maria Productions, LLC to not archive, download, reproduce, distribute, modify, display, perform, publish, license, create derivative works from, offer for sale, or use content and information contained on or obtained from or through the streaming of Pioneers in Skirts without express written permission from the filmmakers.
- Consent to Public Posting of Photos and Video: By entering the Zoom event online, you consent, individually and on behalf of your organization, permission to be photographed or recorded by the organizers and NGO CSW65 Forum. Participants consent to their images and video being reproduced for subsequent use in the media, webcasts, internal and external promotional purposes, advertising and inclusion on websites and social media. Images are shared publicly with open access for use.
Leave a Reply